We love Texas and we love all Texans! The images coming to us from the Houston area are overwhelming. A lot of us have personal connections to friends and family who have been impacted by Hurricane Harvey. Let’s join together to help our fellow Texans and show God’s love and grace in this difficult time.
Here’s how you can help:
Please pray for those whose lives have been impacted by Hurricane Harvey. Please also pray for First Responders, Early Response Teams, disaster coordinators, and the many volunteers who are working tirelessly to provide relief.
2. Donate Funds:
- This Sunday’s communion offering will go toward supporting victims and relief efforts of Hurricane Harvey.
- Donate to RPC and we will send funds directly to UMCOR’s Hurricane Relief Fund:
- Give on-line: please click here and indicate Harvey in the “other” section.
2. Text to Give: You can text a contribution to RPUMC with a quick text message to 214- 666-5367. Simply text the $ amount ($3 minimum) and “Harvey” and the gift will be charged to the designated credit card.
- Give directly to UMCOR’s relief and recovery efforts: https://secure3.convio.net/gbgm/site/SPageNavigator/umcor_donate.html?type=1002&project=901670
3. Cleaning Buckets:
We are collecting items needed for UMCOR cleaning buckets. The filled buckets will be delivered to the UMCOR truck at our conference office in Plano. UMCOR representatives will deliver to the Texas and South Texas Conferences to be used by those in need to clean up following this flood. You may sign up to bring items here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e044ea8ab2ea75-ridgewood1. Please deliver all items to RPC and place in the wooden crates by September 14th. On Sunday, September 17th, during the morning Sunday school hour, we will come together as a church family and will assemble UMCOR cleaning buckets to be delivered to those in need in South Texas.
As the response to this disaster unfolds, there will be more “hands on” ways we can help. The church will assess our continued response in the days and weeks ahead. Thank you for being ready to serve and help our neighbors in need.